2019 AP Test Registration Information
Mon., Jan 14, 2019, at 7:00 AM - Registration Begins
Fri, Feb 15, 2019, at 11:59 PM - Registration Ends
Fri., Feb 22, 2019, at 11:59 PM - Registrations that have NOT been paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered
Cost: $130.00 per exam for enrolled AAPS students ($30 is non-refundable)
All registrations must be completed online using the following links based on the student’s school:
Community High School www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/230084
Huron High School www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/230086
Pioneer High School www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/230088
Skyline High School www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/230089
Non-AAPS/ Homeschool students www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/230097
Cancellations received by April 26, 2019, at 11:59 pm will receive $100 refund.
Cancellations received after April 26, 2019, 11:59 pm will receive no refund.
Total Registration (the company who does our online AP registration) will pre-print all student answer sheets. Students will supply the College Board requested demographic and personal information when they register online for the AP test(s) they are taking.
To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered and accurate information is entered.
Since answer sheets will be pre-printed based on the information provided by the student (or parent) when completing the online registration, it is extremely important to fill out information accurately and proofread before submitting your registration. Once the answer sheets are printed, the information cannot be erased (corrected).
Particular areas of concern:
1. Register only on ONE school website (your “home” school), regardless of where you take your AP class. You should have only one account with Total Registration. If you decide to add additional tests or cancel tests, you will go into your account and make those changes. If you are dual-enrolled, register only on the site for your “home” school, even if you are taking a particular AP class at one of the other high schools or online.
2. Student’s legal name (no nicknames) should be used. Sometimes the parent has filled out the registration and used his/her name instead of the student’s name.
3. Selecting the correct test. Test orders are based on the registration; therefore, any mistakes made by the student or parent may result in not having a test available for the student, so be sure to select the correct test when registering.
Examples: English Language vs. English Literature,
Computer Science A vs. Computer Science Principles
Calculus AB vs. Calculus BC
4. Students eligible for accommodations. When completing the registration, you are asked if you are eligible for College Board accommodations. A student should only answer “yes” if he/she has been officially approved for accommodations. Just because a student receives any accommodations at school does not mean he will automatically receive accommodations for AP testing. To use accommodations on AP exams, students must request and receive approval for accommodations from College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) before testing. The deadline for submitting accommodations requests is February 22, 2019. Parents should begin that process with the student’s teacher consultant and/or counselor early in the school year, so that there are no delays or problems and so that we can plan for additional testing space and proctors that may be needed.
5. Students requesting fee waivers. When answering this question on the registration form, only answer “yes” if you qualify and have been approved for free or reduced lunch.
6. Sending scores to a college. Check with potential colleges to know their policies regarding AP credit. Many times students find out the college does not give AP credit, and they end up canceling and losing money. This information should be investigated before even registering for a test.
Important information will be posted on the registration site under “Additional Documents to Read and/or Print”. There will be three documents:
1. 2019 Test Day Reminders
2. 2019 AP Testing Schedule
3. Directions to EMU Student Center
It is up to students and parents to carefully review all that information and print a copy if needed. The student is still responsible for any information we have posted.
Please contact Mrs. Joyce Williams (email@example.com), if you have any questions.
Skyline AP General Information
Skyline courses offered are based on student requests. Therefore, If you decide that AP work is not something you wish to do you must drop the course by July 1, 2018 by emailing your counselor and cc Mrs. Elmore. If you wait to the fall and decide you do not want to continue in an AP course, there may not be a lower level course with similar content available to transfer into. Course selections at that point will only be made as space is available.
You will find the summer work for Skyline's Fall advanced placement (AP) classes below
What to know about Skyline's AP Courses?
AP courses are more rigorous and require more homework. You can expect to spend every evening and including weekends completing assignments and studying the material to be successful. Many of the courses at Skyline have summer work. Some will have an assignment due by July 1, 2018. Therefore, If you decide that AP work is not something you wish to do you must drop the course by July 1, 2018 by emailing your counselor and cc Mrs. Elmore.
If you fail to complete the assignment, you may be dropped from the course. We may not be able to honor your request to drop if your request arrives after July 1. The master schedule is currently being created according to student requests. If you should decide you do not want to continue in an AP course in the fall, there may not be a similar subject course to transfer into. You will have to remain in the course.
Please be sure we have your correct email address for the summer.