AAPS Nursing Services
School Nurse Care Corner
Health and Wellness Resources
Daily Student Pre-Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
When Should A Child Stay Home From School?
Vaccines Required For School Entry in Michigan
AAPS Staff help with COVID-19 Antigen Testing
AAPS Nurses and Health Specialists are appreciated for helping with Michigan Safe Schools Antigen Testing Program.
AAPS Nurses assisting with COVID-19 vaccinations
Thank you to the Ann Arbor Public School Nurses for their assistance with vaccinations against COVID-19 in our community!
COVID–19 Resources for AAPS Families
Visit the following AAPS sites for an extensive listing of resources available for parents and students during this challenging time including: 1) AAPS Food Distribution, 2) Community and Parent Resources, 3) Continuous Learning Plan, 4) Reimagine Learning and 5) COVID Metrics Dashboard regarding returning to school for in-person learning:
- AAPS Reimagine Learning 2020-21
- AAPS COVID Metrics Dashboard
- AAPS COVID-19 Case Dashboard
- AAPS Food Distribution
- Community Resources
Visit a CDC website to learn how COVID-19 spreads, how to protect yourself and your family, and what to do if you are sick:
Find tips for supporting student wellness during COVID-19 such as what is coronavirus, why is school closed and how to help your child or teen cope.
Washtenaw County Health Department Information
- COVID-19 Information - WCHD
- COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation - FAQ for Parents or Guardians
- COVID-19 What to do if you're sick, tested postive or are exposed
- Flu Vaccine Clinic Information - WCHD
Nurses host COVID-19 safe Flu Clinics
Thank you to AAPS School Nurses for hosting COVID-19 safe Flu Vaccine Clinics this Fall for employees and their families.
Goals of the Ann Arbor Public School Nurses:
- Reduce health-related barriers to learning and health related absenteeism thus improving student achievement
- Promote the health, safety, and wellness of all students and staff at Ann Arbor Public Schools
- Promote a positive, collaborative relationship with students, families, colleagues, and the community
- Promote best practices in school health services through professional development and resources.
Services Provided by the Ann Arbor Public Schools Nurses
- Illness, injury assessments and interventions
- Identification, assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of student health concerns
- Health assessments/participation in Individualized Education Plan development
- Pediatric nursing procedures
- Screening for health factors impacting student education
- Activities and education to promote health
- Health care counseling or guidance to students, their family, and to staff
- Chronic disease management and education
- Individualized Nursing Care Plans and services for students with disabilities and/or health conditions that interfere with learning
- Medication administration
- Assessment and interventions for students with mental health needs
- Crisis team participation
- Health curriculum recommendations
- Guidelines for school district health policies, goals and objectives
- School/community/health care provider liaison
- Immunization verification according to state guideline requirements.
- Medication management