School Attire Guidelines - At Forsythe we believe that a student’s attire and mindset are directly related and that a student who is professionally and appropriately dressed for school is also more apt to treat their education as a professional endeavor and will be suited to do their best work. As a result, it is our intent to support our students as they progress by maintaining expectations for professional and appropriate school attire. Parents/ guardians may use the following as a guide to support students in dressing appropriately during the school day:
- Clothing may not depict or advertise weapons, alcohol, drugs, drug paraphernalia, obscene language or images, or threats.
- Clothing accessories that are considered potentially dangerous or disruptive to the learning environment are prohibited.
- Clothing needs to cover all private parts.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- Hats, hoods, and bandanas may not be worn inside of the school building (except for religious and/or medical purposes).
- Coats and backpacks must be left in lockers during the school day.
- On colder days, sweaters, sweatshirts and fleece tops may be needed to be comfortable in all areas of the school.
Students who decide not to follow the school attire guidelines will be addressed in a respectful manner and will be asked to change their clothes or to contact a parent/ guardian to bring a change of clothes to the school.