Ann Arbor Open Enrollment Application for school year 2022-23 including the Young 5s and Kindergarten Lottery and Waitlist for grades 1-8
Enrollment for 2022 – 2023 School Year
Admission into AAO is based on the following:
- Grade - Applicants must be eligible for the grade for which they are applying. Kindergarten students must turn five by December 1, 2022. Young 5 students must turn five between May 1, 2022 and December 1, 2022.
- District Residency Requirements - Applicants must meet the AAPS residency requirements at the time of application or provide proof of future residency.
- Enrollment Process - Please read the A20 Enrollment Policies & Procedures carefully that accompanies this Application Timeline and Overview.
- Application - Applicants must complete and submit an online application at AAO Homepage by Friday, February 18, 2022 @ 4:00PM.
- Random Selection - The students who meet/complete all required elements of this application and enrollment process will be entered into a double-blind random selection. After accounting for incoming siblings, we will offer spots to students until we reach a class size of 63 for the incoming K class and 18 for the incoming Young 5 class. The remaining applicants will form the kindergarten waitlist.
There will be two virtual informational meetings for families. Additional meetings may be scheduled and posted on the web page. These meetings will be recorded for those that are unable to attend live. Zoom link will be available on the A2O home page. AAO Homepage
Tuesday, January 25, 2022 from 9:30-10:30 am https://a2schools.zoom.us/j/91733076894
Thursday, Feb 10, 2022 from 1:00 - 2:00 pm https://a2schools.zoom.us/j/98657010731
Friday, February 18, 2022 @ 4:00 PM – Deadline for applications to be submitted. Late applications will be added to the end of the waitlist in the order received; they WILL NOT be included in the random selection. One application per student will be accepted.
Thursday, February 24, 2022 – RANDOM SELECTION - Parents will be contacted via email starting Tuesday, March 1, 2022 notifying them whether their student is being offered a spot at A2 Open or placed on the waitlist. If offered a spot, the parent must respond within three days whether or not they want to accept the spot. If the student qualifies for Young 5 (birthdate between May 1 and December 1), the parent may accept a spot for either Kindergarten or Young 5, but not both. If a parent does not respond, their student will be removed from the list. If their student is on the waitlist, the parent will be given the student’s waitlist number.
Tuesday, March 8, 2022 5:30 - 6:30pm - Ann Arbor Open Kindergarten Roundup - This event will be held virtually this year and is only open to families of students selected in the random selection. A link will be emailed to these families.
Parents who need help with any part of this application process should email email@example.com.
KEEP A RECEIPT FOR YOUR RECORDS - Print out submission confirmation after you submit your application online.
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any educational program or activity available in any school on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, creed, political belief, age, national origin, linguistic and language differences, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, socioeconomic status, height, weight, marital or familial status, or disability.