Options Program at Huron
The Options program is a web-based learning resource where students can earn high school credit, while learning independently in an online classroom, after school.
- Work for at least 6 hours per course per week. (12 hours per week for 2 courses)
- Stay current (or ‘on track’) in all courses.
- Work silently during lab time.
- Respect school rules, equipment, and fellow students.
- While in work lab, no programs or websites other than school related can be open.
- Take careful notes on paper.
- Bring a notebook, highlighter, pencil and headphones (with cord/no Bluetooth) to each class.
Lab hours are an opportunity to accomplish a lot of work with the support of an in-person highly qualified mentor teacher.
We provide students with:
- A quiet space to learn.
- A reliable internet connection.
- A desktop, iPad, or laptop.
- In-person feedback and support.
The required lab time is set up for students to maximize their performance on their online coursework through e2020.
Mentor teachers will help students with:
- Course administration and navigation.
- Test-taking and study skill strategies.
- Content learning support.
- Pacing guide support.
- Email support outside of lab hour class times.
Students will need to dedicate at least 6 hours per week on each course to stay on track. Students will also need to commit to working on their courses outside of class.
Contact your counselor for more information.