A2Virtual+ extension request deadlines (last day to turn in signed paperwork) for 2021-22:
- Trimester 1: November 12, 2021 (AAPS courses)
- Trimester 1: November 19, 2021 (Michigan Virtual courses)
- Semester 1: Jan. 6, 2022- has been extended until January 11 for Michigan Virtual Classes and January 14, 2022, for AAPS classes.
- Trimester 2: February 18, 2021 (Michigan Virtual courses)
- Trimester 2: February 25, 2022 (AAPS courses)
- Semester 2 and Trimester 3: May 20, 2022 (Michigan Virtual courses)
Semester 2 and Trimester 3: May 20, 2022 (AAPS courses)
EXTENSION REQUEST FORM
To be considered for an extension, the following conditions must be met:
- The student must have earned between 45%-59% of the total points or completed between 45% -59% of the total activities.
- The student must have logged into and actively engaged in the course by completing activities on a regular basis throughout the term. A regular basis means a minimum of 5 hours a week, every week. Pandemic rules require a regular activity for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- 5th-Grade students taking Math Acceleration are not eligible for an extension.
- Extensions are not granted for middle school level courses; only high school level courses that earn high school credit.
- If the student is eligible per the above criteria, complete the form that is linked below. After submitting the form, look for the completed form and a work plan to be returned to the student email.
- The student must turn in the following to their respective AAPS Building Liaison/Instructor by the end of the specified deadline for the term:
- The completed and fully signed Extension Request form
- Fully completed Extension Completion Plan (also attached to the emailed request form)
Students who require an extension can earn a top grade of 90% if an extension is granted.
Students can apply for a maximum of two extensions. The extension period is only over two consecutive weeks. Classes would need to be worked on concurrently.