The A2Virtual+ option is for students who are looking for a virtual class experience in grades 6-12. A2Virtual+ is offering a full schedule of classes for middle school students taught by AAPS teachers this year. Students can take one virtual class or a full-load of virtual classes. If your decision is to take a full load of classes you should choose A2Virtual in the district provided registration survey that came out on Thursday, July 30, 2020. However, if you want to only take one or two classes virtually with A2Virtual, you will select the hybrid option that is best for the student and then register for the individual classes separately at the A2Virtual website.
What are the key characteristics/differences of A2Virtual?
- Instructors with the appropriate certification are assigned to each course
- Self-paced. All curriculum is available to the student from the first day
- AAPS online curriculum is aligned with the district curriculum map so that students can move back to the classroom in the building after any term
- Asynchronous learning. There are no required scheduled synchronous teacher lectures or class discussions
- Teachers will offer two separate opportunities for office hours each week to facilitate learning and be available to help each student
- There will be computer generated and graded summative assessments to help students gauge their understanding of the concepts throughout the course
- Most assignments, projects, and assessments are hand-graded by the instructor
- Students have the ability to stagger course beginning and end dates within a term to help with the course workload
To see the differences between formats visit our webpage under new students: courses. To review the course outline go to micourses.org. Registration for A2Virtual is located on our website and begins on August 17, 2020. Students can be enrolled in one of the other district programs and still be able to take up two online courses each term for students in grades 6-12.
Check out our Q & A for answers to commonly asked questions.