Rec & Ed Scholarships: Fee Waiver/Fee Discount Program
Rec & Ed strives to ensure all children can enjoy our quality after school enrichment classes, recreational sports, school break and summer camps and the Before and After school programs. We are proud to offer scholarships to members of the Ann Arbor Public Schools community who receive Free/Reduced Meals or meet specific HUD income guidelines and residency requirements. (For more information on the AAPS Free/Reduced Meal program, please click here.)
During the summer, youth scholarship recipients may use their scholarship for 1 summer camp and 1 summer class.
WELCOME to Submittable
You will need to create a FREE Submittable account to submit your Rec & Ed scholarship application.
Rec & Ed is excited to offer Submittable, an online application form for scholarship assistance. Submittable is a software program used by thousands of organizations to build customized online submissions and application forms, as well as to review submissions and communicate with submitters.
1. To create your free Submittable account go to: https://aapscommunityeducationandrecreation.submittable.com/signup
2. Enter your email address
3. Confirm your email address
4. Select a password
5. Confirm your password
6. Enter your first and last name
7. Click Sign Up
8. You will be directed to the AAPS Rec & Ed Scholarship Applications home page and you will receive an email to confirm your account
9. Read through the guidelines and select the appropriate Rec & Ed scholarship that best fits your current status
10. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Rec & Ed Scholarships FAQs can be found HERE.
Submittable login page: https://aapscommunityeducationandrecreation.submittable.com/login
Select an Option below and Apply for the Rec & Ed Scholarship Program that applies to your family
Rec & Ed offers two options for individuals and families to apply for our Scholarship Program. Please select the option below that describes your current status.
1. AAPS Free/Reduced School Lunch Scholarship: The Free/Reduced Lunch Scholarship program is available to children enrolled in the Ann Arbor Public Schools who are currently participating in the AAPS Free/Reduced Lunch Program. The scholarship award can also be applied to the parents/guardians of the children enrolled in AAPS and any preschool siblings.
If you have additional children who do not attend AAPS or who are not participating in the Free/Reduced lunch program or if you have additional adults or children over 18 who permanently reside within your household; you will need to complete a “Standard Scholarship” application if you would like scholarship coverage for these family members.
2. Standard Scholarship: The Standard Scholarship program is available to individuals and families who live within the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District and have documented income/support that falls within specific HUD income guidelines and do not receive/qualify for the AAPS Free/Reduced Meal Program.
If you need assistance with Submittable, please email email@example.com with questions, or call 734.994.2300 x0 to set up an appointment.
Sponsoring a Scholarship
Rec & Ed receives requests each year from citizens interested in sponsoring scholarships for an individual, group of individuals or for an entire class.. Recently, one person anonymously paid for a week of camp for a child and another person paid for 9 scholarships for drawing classes. If you would like to sponsor a scholarship or contribute to the Rec & Ed Scholarship fund, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Donating When You Register
You can easily contribute to the Rec & Ed scholarship fund by donating a $1 when you register. Simply add a $1 or more in the space indicated in the lower right corner of the Rec & Ed registration form and add that amount to your payment. Online, you can contribute by clicking on "donations," typing in the amount you would like to give and putting your contribution in your shopping cart. Your contribution will be included in the total amount you pay with your credit card.
Scholarship contributions will allow us to continue offering scholarships for those who most need them. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.