Online Free and Reduced Family Meal application for 2020-2021You can use your phone or tablet as well as a computer to apply!The on-line application is free, easy and the fastest way to apply for meal benefits!We suggest using Google Chrome to open the online application.To open in other browsers (Safari, etc.) please make sure you are using the most up-to-date versionBelow are the Free and Reduced Family Meal applications for 2020-2021Free and reduced mail applications in other languages. Please call the Food Service Office if you need a different language than what is listed belowIf you need a paper application mailed to you please contact the Food Service Office at: 734-994-2265Paper applications should be mailed to:Ann Arbor Public Schools Food Service601 W. Stadium Blvd.Ann Arbor MI 48103Applications will also be available at Peace Neighborhood Center, all Community Action Network (CAN) Locations and Avalon Housing Locations.AAPS & Chartwells Meal Charging Policy
In the event a student does not have sufficient funds in hand or in their account to pay for a school meal, the student will be allowed to charge a meal to their account. This policy prohibits AAPS and food service staff from:
- identifying students who cannot pay for a school meal or owe a negative balance in any way such as wristbands, or handstamps,
- make students perform chores or work to pay for their meals,
- dispose of a meal after it has been served due to an unpaid meal balance,
- have direct communication with students about their unpaid balance unless all communication channels have been exhausted with the parent/ guardian, and
- discuss negative meal balance with the student in the presence of other students.
Parents/guardians are encouraged to pay for the charged meal as soon as possible, as all unpaid balances must be paid in full by the end of each semester (or trimester). Parents/guardians of students who charge meals will be encouraged to apply for free or reduced priced meals.