Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
The Ann Arbor Public Schools is pleased to offer Advanced Placement (AP) Exams to AAPS students. For 2022, exams will be administered in-person and will be full length, traditional AP exams. Currently, the College Board has no plans for any type of online exams.
Although not required, most students who are enrolled in an AP course choose to pay for and take the AP exam. Students who are enrolled with A2Virtual+ OR who wish to self-study for the AP exam also have the opportunity to register for AP exams. Reduced price exams are available for eligible students.
AAPS is not currently accepting AP exam registrations from non-AAPS students. Non-AAPS students who wish to test with AAPS can express their interest by CLICKING HERE.
The following May 2022 AP Exam information can be found on this page:
- Exam Dates and Times
- Exam Registration / Payment Information
- Registration / Payment Deadlines
Exam Dates and Times
2022 AP exams will be administered from May 2-May 13, 2022. The dates and times of AP exams AAPS is offering can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Exam Registration/Payment - TWO STEPS
Students who want to take an AP exam in May 2022 should complete BOTH steps below.
Step 1 - Registration:
- Enroll in your AP course on the MyAP website. Sign in to myap.collegeboard.org and enter the join code for your teacher’s section. If you do not have the "join code”, please ask your teacher for it. AAPS students who are enrolled with A2Virtual+ OR who who wish to self-study for an AP exam should use the “exam only join codes” listed HERE.
- On the MyAP website, mark “YES” (instead of “Undecided”) to indicate you want to take the AP exam for each course you are enrolled in. Note: Only students who mark “YES” in their account will have an exam ordered. Students who do not wish to take the exam should leave “Undecided.”
Step 2 - Payment:
Pay for your exam(s) on the MyPaymentsPlus website.
- Sign into https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/
- Select “Ann Arbor Public Schools” (if needed)
- Click on “AP Testing”
- Click on the name of the exam you wish to take. For example, click on “AP Biology” OR “AP Biology - Reduced Fee” (for families who qualify for reduced price meals)
- Add exam to your cart
- If you are registering for additional AP exams, repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed
- When all exams have been added to the cart, click “Checkout” to enter your payment details.
NOTE: Only students of families who qualify for reduced price meals should select reduced fee exams.
Normal Registration Dates
- Begins September 1, 2021 at 12:00am
- Ends November 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (with the exception of second semester only AP courses; students taking those courses can wait until 2nd semester begins to register)
Late Registration Dates
- Begins November 2, 2021 at 12:00am
- Ends March 4, 2022 at 11:59pm (Final deadline for registration for second semester only AP courses)
Final Registration Deadline - March 4, 2022 at 11:59 PM
- There are no AP exam registrations after March 4, 2022 at 11:59 PM. No exceptions.
Registration Fee - $130 per exam
This rate is for students who registered and paid for exams during the normal registration window of September 1 - November 1, 2021.
Late Registration Fee - Additional $40 per exam
An additional $40 late fee (as determined by CollegeBoard) is required in addition to the typical registration fee of $130 for all students who register or pay for exams between November 2, 2021 - March 4, 2022. Any unpaid exams will be automatically cancelled if not paid for by March 4, 2022!
Fee Reduction for Eligible Students - $10
This rate is for students who participate in the free/reduced lunch program. Students are still subject to the additional $40 late fee if registered between November 2, 2021 - March 4, 2022.
- Students who cancel an exam by Tuesday, November 2, 2021 are entitled to a full refund of exam fees.
- After Tuesday, November 2, 2021, there are no refunds.
- Late fees are nonrefundable.