Summer English as a Second Language Academy (SESLA)
The AAPS SESLA program is a three-week remote learning program designed to help 4th - 8th-grade students with reading and math. The program includes both teacher-led small group sessions (using video conferencing) and independent work for students.
- Develop math skills
- Develop literacy (reading) skills
- Develop strategies for learning online
- Build relationships with teachers and peers
June 22nd-July 10th (No School July 3)
Monday - Friday (No School July 3)
Sample Student Schedule:
Enrollment is by invitation based on student data and teacher recommendation. Parents of invited students will receive an email with registration information the week of May 18th.
Questions? Please contact:
- SESLA Principal: Evelyn Daugherty email@example.com
- Administrative Assistant: Brandy Kline firstname.lastname@example.org
EL Bridge Summer Program
The EL Bridge program is designed for incoming 9th grade English Learners to earn 0.5 elective credit while getting exposure to academic and social opportunities to help them successfully transition to high school.
- Build English language skills in the core content areas with a specific focus in Language Arts through a variety of activities;
- Prepare 9th graders and newcomers for a successful transition into high school;
- Develop school knowledge for English Learners to successfully navigate high school such as school skills, school resources, and communicaating successfully with teachers.
Dates: July 6 - July 30
Enrollment in EL Bridge is by invitation based on English Learner assessment data. Parents of invited students will receive a communication with instructions for how to indicate desire to participate in the program.
For questions, please contact the program at: email@example.com