Summer 2023 – Courses available to the Class of 2028 (6th Grade) - Taking for the First Time or Improve a Grade
This option is for students in the class of 2029 (6th Grade) who were enrolled in Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2022-2023 school year and wish to seek new credit or take a course(s) to advance their curriculum.
- This option is available to any student enrolled in Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2022-2023 school year.
- AAPS students may choose up to two online classes during the summer term.
- The class(es) taken during the summer term will earn both credit and a grade. There are no extensions or incompletes during the summer term. There is a drop period that ends 5 days after the course starts. Please note that withdrawals will not be accepted except in new extenuating circumstances. Once the drop period has passed, a grade will be earned in the course. Students need to be committed to learning and not take a course to “try it out”.
- The A2 Virtual summer term is 5 weeks long.. The Michigan Virtual summer term is 10 weeks long.
- We only recommend one online class during the summer term. Each online course is considered to average 80-100 hours depending on the student. We equate that to an average of 15-20 hours per week. Students taking two courses will be committing to 30-40 hours of studying a week.
Summer Options for Non-Ann Arbor Public School Students
Available Courses for Class of 2029 (6th Grade)June 26th - July 28th
- Students who were not enrolled with Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2022-2023 school year, homeschool students, and students from outside the district may enroll in up to two online classes each summer.
- Due to the anticipated high demand for courses by current Ann Arbor Public School students this year, students not currently enrolled will be put on a waiting list and will be notified by June 23 of availability.
- A2 Virtual+ will provide an Ann Arbor Public School transcript with a grade for each course completed during the summer term. It is the responsibility of the student and/or parent(s)/guardian(s) to ensure that their district will accept the credit.
(Completion of course in parenthesis required to take indicated course)
Math courses are also available through the no cost program if the student is currently enrolled in the course. No Cost Course Information
Middle School Courses
- Math 6B (Math 6A) - ALEKS
- Math 7B (Math 7A) - ALEKS
High School Courses
- Algebra 1B (AC Algebra 1A or OL Algebra 1A) - ALEKS and Edgenuity
- Geometry A/B (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1) - ALEKS and Edgenuity
- Algebra 2A/2B (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1) - ALEKS and Edgenuity
- Pre-Calculus A/B (AC Algebra 2 or OL Algebra 2) - ALEKS and Edgenuity
- Financial Math A/B (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1) - Edgenuity
- Math Models and Applications A/B (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1) - Edgenuity
May 19th - July 28th
The last day to enroll in Michigan Virtual courses is June 30th at 3 pm.
Mathematics - All High School CoursesAlgebra 1 A/B (Math 7)Algebra 2 A/B (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1)Geometry A/B (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1)Calculus A/B (Pre-Calculus)Mathematics of Baseball (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1)Mathematics of Personal Finance (AC Algebra 1 or OL Algebra 1)Pre-Calculus A/B (AC Algebra 2 or OL Algebra 2)
World Language - All High School CoursesAmerican Sign Language 1 A/BAmerican Sign Language 2 A/BFrench 1 A/BFrench 2 A/BFrench 3 A/BGerman 1 A/BGerman 2 A/BJapanese 1 A/BJapanese 2 A/BLatin 1 A/BLatin 2 A/BSpanish 1 A/BSpanish 2 A/BSpanish 3 A/BSpanish 4 A/B