We will begin accepting 2018-19 scholarship applications on August 1
Scholarship assistance is available to qualified families. If you know you will need help paying your fees, please apply for a scholarship. Financial assistance does not fully cover the cost of child care, and families remain responsible for all charges not covered by SACC scholarships.AAPS Community Education and Recreation has provisions for scholarship assistance for those who need financial aid. Determinations are made using the same criteria used for other Rec & Ed scholarships with the additional stipulation that the family must verify the need for childcare (i.e. parent or guardian is at work or in school during the days and times care is requested). Scholarship assistance does not cover enrollment fees, late pick-up fees, drop-in fees or any other administrative fees.
- To receive a scholarship discount on your September fees, you will need to submit your application no later than August 20, 2018.
- Families who participate in the 2018-19 Free/Reduced Lunch program have a simplified application process.
Rec & Ed is no longer accepting coverage of childcare fees provided by Child Care Network (CCN) or the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA, formerly DHS). Families who qualify for assistance from either of these agencies should apply for Rec & Ed's Child Care scholarship, as above. Note: The scholarship coverage from Rec & Ed's scholarship program exceeds the assistance provided by LARA!
- Applicants must complete two applications:
- Families may apply for a child care scholarship at any time between when they submit their online enrollment until the end of March of the pertinent school year. Families must re-apply each school year. Applications received April through July are collected and processed in August for the upcoming school year.
- Approval for a Community Education & Recreation General Scholarship and a School Age Child Care Scholarship are determined separately.
- Families must either reside in the AAPS district OR one or more of your children must be enrolled in the AAPS Free/Reduced Lunch Program in order to qualify for a Rec & Ed Child Care Scholarship.
- All adult family members must be employed or in school during the times/days childcare is scheduled.
- Scholarships become effective on the next billing cycle after the approval date.
Address questions to Rec & Ed at 734-994-2300 ext 0 or to email@example.com.