The enrollment process must be completed by a parent or legal guardian.
Students must be five (5) years old by December 1 and less than twenty (20) years old on September 1 for the enrolling school year.
Required Documents to be presented to the school secretary upon completion of the enrollment process:
- Original birth certificate (with raised seal), student passport or Visa
- Official immunization records
- Kindergarten Enrollment: Health Appraisal/Vision Screening
- Address of the school your student last attended
- Certified copies of court orders or placement papers, if applicable (i.e., Appointment of Legal Guardianship, Divorce Decree, etc.)
- Driver’s license of Parent/Legal Guardian, Passport or Visa
- Proof of residency
The following documents are required to prove residency:
- Homeowner: Purchase agreement, closing papers or deed
- Renter: Current lease/rental agreement
- Property tax statement
- Two (2) different current utility bills: •Gas •Electric •Cable TV •Land line phone bill with the name and AAPS District address of the person enrolling the student or written start up confirmation from company
Moving company invoice or truck rental receipt validating address in district
- In addition, report cards and/or transcripts are helpful when enrolling a student.
Additional forms may be required at the building level.
Requirements for Non-traditional Living Arrangements (if applicable):
- Notarized Affidavit of Residency
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
- Notarized Statement of Guardian