Enrolled? Get Involved!
Parent Groups & Partnerships
Support includes volunteer time; tutoring, classroom assistance, knowledge resources; advisory board members, guest speakers, professional mentors, in-kind donations and monetary donations.
We thank the Ann Arbor parents and community for supporting AAPS!
For almost 100 years, Rec & Ed has provided a wide variety of high quality, affordable enrichment and recreational opportunities to residents of Ann Arbor and surrounding communities.
Explore classes such as a variety of cooking opportunities, belly dancing, Tai Chi, pottery, drawing, bee keeping, composting and much, much more!
Rec & Ed serves over 19,000 youth and 18,500 adults annually, from birth to senior adult. Rec & Ed also provides before and after school childcare in 18 AAPS elementary schools as well as school vacation and summer camps.
Fast Facts on Rec & Ed
- Recreational Sports Leagues
- 11 youth sports offerings with 713 youth teams and 8,291 youth participants. 11 adult sports offerings with 828 adult teams and 8,745 adult participants.
- Youth Afterschool and Evening Classes
- 282 afterschool classes run throughout our schools serving 3,159 students.
- Adult Lifelong Learning Classes
- 871 adult lifelong learning classes with 6,999 adults participating.
- Youth School Break and Summer Camps
- 192 school break and summer camps with 4,459 total student registrations.
- First Steps - Early Childhood Program
- 1,048 family enrollments offering 126 classes in three schools: AA Preschool, Bryant and Logan.
- Scholarships provided by Rec & Ed
- 983 families received 1,500 youth scholarships, and 609 adult scholarships. $215,202 in total scholarships issued.