School Messenger Parental Notification System
If you find that are not receiving messages from the notification system, please check with your child's school to make sure that your contact information in PowerSchool is up to date.The Ann Arbor Public Schools sincerely thanks the PTO Thrift Shop and Comerica for their generous support of funding for the SchoolMessenger service. Without these funders, ever-diminishing operating dollars would need to be used to pay for this valuable communication service. To learn more about the PTO Thirft Shop visit their website: http://www.a2ptothriftshop.org/.SchoolMessenger is used for emergency fan out calls to families, snow day or closed school days as well as sending general school and AAPS information. SchoolMessenger is also used for attendance notifications at the middle and high schools. SchoolMessenger uses the student data that is stored in PowerSchool.
- Emergency messaging through the system can place 10,000 calls/minute (our entire district is covered in 10 minutes)
- Automated syncing with our student information system, POS system (lunch accounts), transportation system*
- Calls for attendance (unexcused absences, tardies) and lunch balances can be auto-scheduled
- Schools can use the system to call, email text-to-cell messages** about upcoming events, late buses, school closings
- Automated language translation can send messages in home language and English
- Survey feature allows for phone and/or web-based surveys to be taken by recipients