Welcome to the
Ann Arbor International Baccalaureate Website
The Ann Arbor Public Schools offers the only full continuum of IB education in that state for all students from Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade as follows:
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) at Mitchell Elementary School, grades Pre-K-5th grade;
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) in partnership at Scarlett Middle School (grades 6 - 8) and Huron High School (grades 9 and 10)
- Diploma Programme (DP) at Huron High School, grades 11 and 12, with 27 DP course options. All Huron DP course descriptions can be found in the high school course selection guide.
- Career-related Programme (CP) at Huron High School, grades 11 and 12, with several career related study pathways incluing automotive technology, business, cosmetology, engineering and home building with plans to for additional career pathways being planned.
Curriculum maps for all current IB units can be viewed HERE.
The video below shares more information about these internationally minded, inquiry focused opportunities.
Would you like to enroll your child? Students enrolled at Mitchell, Scarlett and Huron - and those who apply to come from within Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, and surrounding counties - will participate in schooling emphasizing:
- Inquiry - students asking questions, students finding answers;
- Global awareness - connecting to the local, state, national and international community;
- Action and Service - learning by doing, making a positive impact;
- World languages - all students learning a world language;
- Access and Equity - intentional development of curriculum and supports connected to the needs of learners.
We look forward to sharing these great internationally recognized learning opportunities with families in and around Ann Arbor!
Note: Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization (ibo.org) may offer any of its academic programs: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career Programme (CP).