Lower Elementary EXPO - Autumn 2022
Posted by Nathan Hatt on 11/22/2022
Our first in-person EXPO event for lower elementary in nearly three years is coming up soon and we are so excited! Families are welcome to come and see the big event on Thursday, December 8, 2022, from 5:30-7:00 pm. Check out the teaser trailer on YouTube! Below are more essential details:
- Parking: A2 STEAM parking lots will likely be unavailable. Additionally, there will be no available parking at Northside Community Church due to previously scheduled events. Instead, please refer to the parking map below for guidance on street parking for the event:
Parking is available on the following streets: Taylor St., Peach St., Pear St., John A Woods Dr., Chandler Rd., Amherst Ave., Indianola Ave., Traver Rd., and David Ct.
- Schedule: We are hoping that all families plan to attend the event from 5:30-7:00 pm. During times in which your child is not presenting, we ask that you make a plan to attend an open event. The Library will be open all evening and will be hosting the book fair! Come ready to buy a book! The IDEA Lab will be open for families to come and see how integrated disciplines in engineering, coding, and design thinking come to life! The Art Room will be open, and families are invited to see how discreet skills in art and design help students leverage their thinking to follow their creative impulses! The front door and back doors will be open, and there will be an information desk at either end. Projects will be on display at the following times and locations:
- 5:30-7:00 pm - Library: Book Fair!
- 5:30-7:00 pm - IDEA LAB: Technology & Engineering Open Lab.
- 5:30-7:00 pm - Art Room: Open Drop-Ins.
- 5:30-6:00 pm - Kindergarten Classrooms: Kindergarten Projects on Rotation.
- 6:00-6:30 pm - 1st Grade Classrooms & MPR Patio: 1st Grade.
- 6:30-7:00 pm - Gymnasium: 2nd Grade.
- Need To Know: What does every family member need to know for EXPO?
- New to EXPO?: If this is your first EXPO, we are very excited for you! If you haven’t already, read the blog post from 9/16/22 just below this post on the PBL blog to learn about the history and purpose of EXPO.
- Attire: Your child is encouraged to dress for the occasion. In every project, A2 STEAM students are asked to think in different ways and design solutions to problems for an audience. This term, students took on the roles of friends, astronomers, and entrepreneurs. At EXPO, your child should dress to impress!
- Audience: The role of the audience member is just as important as the role of the presenter! Your child has done a lot of deep thinking and hard work. Come ready to ask meaningful questions about their product and the process.
- Have Fun: As challenging as this kind of learning is, it is also a lot of fun. We hope you come ready to share the excitement of PBL and STEAM learning with us. See you soon!