Winter Giving Resources
Below are resources available to AAPS families and students during the Winter Giving Season
Holiday Meal Food Resources
Winter Clothing and Gifts
Peace Neighborhood Center Holiday Assistance
- Eligible to residents of Washtenaw County
- Application open dates TBD
- Completing the Application does not guarantee assistance
- More information TBD
- The Warm The Children (WTC) program provides children with new warm clothing: coats, hats, boots, mittens and other essentials at the start of Michigan’s winter season.
- All WTC requests are received through AAPS Social Workers
- Families can contact their school or social worker for assistance with this program.
Washtenaw County MDHHS Holiday Assistance
- Families with an MDHHS Case Worker should contact their caseworker for the application to this program.
- Program where families can request toys and individuals can donate toys.
- The Secret Santa Society of Ypsi is a volunteer run organization that provides gifts to families in Ypsilanti.
- Opens in October
- The Adopt A Family program, which begins each year in early September and runs through the end of December, has been serving those in need across Michigan since 1993. In the 29-year history of this special program, hope and joy – along with toys, clothing and meals – have been brought to children, seniors and veterans during the season that is supposed to be the happiest time of the year. Sponsors (individuals, families, teams, organizations, businesses) adopt families for the holidays, providing at least one new toy and one new outfit for each child in the family, as well as a special holiday meal. Many sponsors provide much more!
- Help someone you know by paying all or a portion of their DTE Energy bill.
- Learn more here.